Slammed Through The Door...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

So...I was sitting down to write this great, inspirational post for Kickgen.com on this wonderful Friday evening and then all of the sudden...

With a loud yell that would rival any tournament champion, my son slammed through the door...


"WHAT IN THE WORLD!?" I thought. Then I saw it in his eyes...

He slammed through my door, and yelled, then ran over to me, looked up at me and said..."Peeez!"

In case you aren't privy to the exhaustive vocabulary of infants, "Peeez" means "Please..." and it could be a request for anything under the sun. Anything beyond the "Please..." you are to figure out on your own.

Tonight, I knew exactly what he was asking for. He was asking for...Me.

He wanted his Daddy.

At that moment, I knew this post needed to be quick, and then it hit me...

You probably have someone you need to spend time with as well. A son, a daughter, father, mother, grandkid, little brother, older sister...this is the part you have to figure out. Who needs you this weekend?

I know, I know. You are a super busy, in demand martial artist, or housewife, or Dad the "fix it man", or video game aficionado, or some other Super Hero that is destined to save the world in the next 48 hours.

WRONG!

I've got news for you...you probably aren't going to save the world in the next couple of days. And if you could, why didn't you do it last week? Where you are really needed right now, this weekend, is in someone's life that would absolutely love to have your undivided attention for just a while.

So, go figure out who you need to spend some quality time with, and surprise them with...YOU!

I've already figured out who I need to spend time with. He's sitting right here saying "Peeez!"

So, I'll see you later. After all, if we can't give ourselves to those who really love us and need us, we don't have any business giving ourselves to anyone or anything else.

O.k., so...

Why are you still reading this...?

Have An Extraordinary Weekend!
Doug McGannon
Kickgen.com username: KGDoug
http://www.twitter.com/dougmcgannon

P.S. - Monday's post will be about "OSU!" Anyone know what that means?

0 comments: